Problem with transcoding some HD programmes

Jon Davies jon at hedgerows.org.uk
Mon May 28 07:50:11 EDT 2012

and On 28 May 2012 01:13, Shevek <shevek at shevek.co.uk> wrote:
> Ignore me, I deleted and re-downloaded and all is well. Must've been a
> corrupt download.

I've seen this from time to time when get_iplayer (I guess technically, when
rtmpdump) fails during the download and resumes.  It seems to duplicate a
few frames, and ffmpeg objects.

Redownloading usually fixes this, though not always since sometimes the
redownload stops and resumes.

Alternatively, just watch the flv file instead, provided your media player
can play it.

Jon