Help with downloaded radio file formats and thumbnail jpgs please.

Alastair ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Thu May 24 16:40:06 EDT 2012

On Sun, 20 May 2012 17:44:59 +0100 Andy Bircumshaw wrote:

>On 20 May 2012, at 16:52, Alastair wrote:
>
>> I am getting into difficulty with tagging and then making some radio broadcast files work
>on
>> my Twonky server running on NAS box.
>>

>> Where I am having problems is with downloaded radio shows which are saved as .m4a
>> files which I understand to be MP4/AAC files.  I could convert these using
soundKonverter
>or
>> similar for example
>
>Wait - Twonky doesn't play these .m4a files?
>
>aB.
[snip]

Hi Andy,
In short no, radio programmes downloaded which are saved as m4a do not appear to work
but I cannot be sure fault lies with Twonky.

Because of my error with the tagging (No AtomicParsley installed) I can only navigate to
these files using "folders" but then when selected using Kinsky controller for playing on Linn
Sneaky I get nothing.  I am still working on this but it seems only radio data is the problem.
Videos seem fine and I conclude tagging is included with video download.  More work to do
at this end I fear.  Thanks for the interest.
Alastair.