Problem with live TV feeds..

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Sun May 20 12:05:41 EDT 2012

On 20/05/2012 06:31, richard.mace at btinternet.com wrote:
> Only flashvhigh2 seems to be working at the moment (flashvhigh1 down).
> Have to manually specify --modes=flashvhigh2 to get stream, get_iplayer does not automatically switch
> even if use --modes=best or --modes=flashvhigh,flashhigh,flashlow[etc,etc,etc]
> Anyone else seeing this problem? Been in evidence for three days..

If you're streaming a programme and the first attempted source
(flashvhigh1 in this case) isn't found, get_iplayer will abort.  That is
by design.  When get_iplayer streams a programme, it basically just
hands off to rtmpdump.  If rtmpdump fails when streaming, get_iplayer
can't easily determine the cause, thus any failure is considered fatal.

Unfortunately, I think you're just a temporary victim of sort order.
Until things are repaired at the BBC end, all I can suggest is what
you're already doing: ensure that flashvhigh2 is at the front of your
modes list when streaming.