streaming/recording Radio 1 video?

Kevin Lynch klynchk at gmail.com
Thu May 3 18:11:44 EDT 2012

Hi

Here's my failure mode on maverick meerkat - what do I need to upgrade?

kevin at ikhaya:~/get_iplayer-2.78$ ./get_iplayer --update
INFO: Current version is 2.80
INFO: Checking for latest version from www.infradead.org
INFO: No update is necessary (latest version = 2.80)

kevin at ikhaya:~/get_iplayer-2.78$ ./get_iplayer --url
http://www.bbc.co.uk/5live/emp/5live_studio_stream.xml
--rtmp-tv-opts="--stop 3600"
INFO: Trying pid:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/5live/emp/5live_studio_stream.xml using type: tv
INFO Trying to stream pid using type tv
INFO: pid not found in tv cache
INFO: Checking existence of default version
INFO: flashnormal1 modes will be tried for version default
INFO: Trying flashnormal1 mode to record tv:  -
INFO: File name prefix =
BBC_Radio_5_live_studio_stream_-_-_http_www.bbc.co.uk_5live_emp_5live_studio_stream.xml_default
WARNING: Your version of flvstreamer/rtmpdump does not support SWF Verification
FLVStreamer v2.1c1
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
Connecting ...
Starting Live Stream
For duration: 3600.000 sec
Metadata:
  author
  copyright
  description
  keywords
  rating
  title
  presetname            Custom
  creationdate          Thu Apr 26 00:41:24 2012
  videodevice           Microsoft DV Camera and VCR
  framerate             25.00
  width                 512.00
  height                288.00
  videocodecid          VP62
  videodatarate         320.00
  videokeyframe_frequency5.00
  audiodevice           Microsoft DV Camera and VCR
  audiosamplerate       44100.00
  audiochannels         1.00
  audioinputvolume      75.00
  audiocodecid          .mp3
  audiodatarate         64.00
0.511 kB / 0.00 sec

ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet header
Download may be incomplete (downloaded about 0.00%), try resuming
INFO: Command exit code 2 (raw code = 512)
WARNING: Failed to stream file
/home/kevin/get_iplayer-2.78/BBC_Radio_5_live_studio_stream_-_-_http_www.bbc.co.uk_5live_emp_5live_studio_stream.xml_default.partial.avi.flv
via RTMP
INFO: skipping flashnormal1 mode
ERROR: Failed to record 'BBC Radio 5 live studio stream - -
(http://www.bbc.co.uk/5live/emp/5live_studio_stream.xml)'

Thanks

Kevin