Running on QNAP with ARM

Tom Finch myname at imagine.fsworld.co.uk
Thu Mar 29 10:04:14 EDT 2012

On 28 March 2012 16:50, Thomas Finch <myname at imagine.fsworld.co.uk> wrote:
> I have get_iplayer running happily on ARM under vanilla debian, though
> it's on a Linkstation not a QNAP. I'm running stock squeeze which runs
> beautifully (if a little slow) and get_iplayer was pretty easy to
> install direct from the debian repositories.

Actually - I recall now that that isn't entirely true: the version of
get_iplayer in the stable repositories is(was?) old (2.78) which
doesn't work with the new Radio 4 Extra streams. Easily updated to the
latest version from git at infradead.

>I think this an ffmpeg bug which has since been fixed, so hope to fix
> it with git version of ffmpeg which is compiling as we speak.

And some advice for those compiling ffmpeg on a Linkstation:
cross-compile! I didn't have my ARM toolchain to hand on my desktop,
so just set it running on the box itself. It's done the job, but did
take 18hrs+!

Unfortunately, though it seems to have compiled fine and is working
for video remuxing, it hasn't fixed the radio error, which fails at
the second ffmpeg pass ("Invalid non monotonically increasing dts").
Evidently, this may be related to an old problem
(http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2011-May/001504.html)
that surfaced with live recordings, due to a partially corrupted
download.

As before, the 'partial' file still seems to play fine in my usual
players, but I'll have a look into it further, unless anyone knows of
any good solutions.

Tom