Saved filename format for recordings

MrArtist ta-getiplayer at logonoff.com
Tue Mar 27 20:17:06 EDT 2012

On 27/03/2012 12:14, dinkypumpkin wrote:
> If you want to see all the options available, there is an online copy
> of the get_iplayer man page for release v2.80 here:
>
> http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/precise/man1/get_iplayer.1.html
>
> It has changed slightly since release, but not much.  Before we do
> another release, I plan to restore those documentation files in some
> fashion.
Great answers and explanations in that last email from dinkypumpkin and
I want to thank you for the quality of all your explanations and
answering all my questions.

I'm so used to forum answers being vague and full of suggestions that go
nowhere, or indicate that the responder hasn't even read the question
properly. I think you have addressed every single thing I asked, very
helpful indeed.

Now that I'm armed with the knowledge of the user options file, my Web
PVR Manager experience will be even better.

Overall, and in connection with my other questions recently, I think I
prefer the whole GUI option offered by Web PVR Manager rather than any
command line methods of using Get_iPlayer, and with a bunch of programme
exclusions in the web page's box (or maybe the options file when I try
it), using Web PVR Manager as a general TV Guide works really quite well
for me, so don't dismiss that as an option for those that prefer doing
things that way. Agreed there can sometimes be a lot to wade through in
terms of content, but so does reading the Radio Times or other listings.
At least my way I can see what's on and find things I didn't know about
before.

Thank you everyone.