Saved filename format for recordings

MrArtist ta-getiplayer at logonoff.com
Tue Mar 27 05:16:11 EDT 2012

On 27/03/2012 08:06, J K.Eason wrote:

> I'd also like to know how to save filenames without the PID and 'default'
> on the end, and have been meaning to ask that for ages.
> However you can change the underscores to spaces by adding 'whitespace 1'
> to the options.
> Note that for those using Windows, you'll *also* have to add
> 'fatfilename 1' to the options or the filename will be truncated at the
> first space causing failure to write the file.
>
> Regards
>         John (mail at john-eason.co.uk)

As I'm using the Web PVR Manager to do my recordings, I'm not sure where
I'd add in the 'whitespace 1' and 'fatfilename 1'?

I've had a look through the get_iplayer.pl script and there are quite
few references to whitespace but nothing I can see to readily change to 1.

Also I wonder why the fatfilename requirement? Is this just a Windows
limitation or something for Fat32 file system only?