Understanding Future Schedule, Refresh Cache, Exclude Programmes

MrArtist ta-getiplayer at logonoff.com
Sun Mar 25 08:55:00 EDT 2012

Hi,
After a long time using an older build I finally updated to the August
2011 one via the Windows installer and also worked out how to update to
the latest patch builds (.pl & .cgi) which was a lot easier that it
first seemed (just replace the text file!)

I'm using Get_iPlayer on Win7 64bit via the Web PVR interface and love
it, especially now that I can use "Exclude Programmes" from the list
which brings me to question 1:

1. I have a longish list of comma separated programmes that I exclude
from my web page view. When I look at the PVR list, that long list takes
up a lot of space on the page view. Is there any real need for that
exclusion list to be carried over into the PVR list? I have solved the
visual problem by manually editing each PVR Search name and removing
that line so now my PVR list view is a lot more compact, but I wonder
why it's needed, or if there can be an option to turn it off? Same could
be said for the Exclude Channel which also doesn't seem to be useful in
the PVR list.

2. Regarding the Refresh Future Schedule, when I activate this, I now
get about 1,200 programmes showing in my Search list, without it I'm
down to a manageable 300 (after using my choice of Exclude Programmes).
I see Channel entries for all regional areas such as BBC One Channel
Islands, BBC Two Northern Island, etc., and also BBC HD. - Also there
seems to be lots of programmes that I might not normally see (I might be
wrong there) such as Family Guy which has loads of entries, presumably
all upcoming (future) and none when I look without Future Schedules
activated.

What I'm wondering is, by not selecting and looking at the Future
Schedules, am I potentially missing out on ever seeing some programmes
come up? i.e. will there be things listed regionally that won't come up
via the standard view of BBC One, Two, Three, Four? - Or is it usually
the case that only the first showing instance of a program is shown and
sometimes that will be listed regionally as opposed to the more general
BBC One type listings? e.g. I see the odd few BBC HD listings in Future
Schedules, but none in the non-Future Schedule listing, is this because
it is shown on BBC HD first?

Lastly, I also note that for the regional listings (e.g. BBC Wales, NI,
West, etc), the Categories area is blank. - is this normal? In
non-Future view, I always get a category specified.

Many thanks