Mailing list info page & its main archive down for several days

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Fri Mar 16 05:25:28 EDT 2012

On Tue Mar 13 11:23:12 GMT 2012, Shevek wrote:

>On 13 March 2012 09:20 GMT, Vangelis forthnet wrote:
>> Hello to all!
>>
>> For many days now I am unable to access from my location (Greece) the
>> get_iplayer mailing list info page:

>> and, most important to me, its main archive at:
>>
>> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/

>both working fine for me here in the UK at 10:20 AM GMT

 Thanks for getting back at me, Shevek :-)
I had been unable to access only these 2 specific locations (all other
internet browsing was fine)
since the evening of Thu Mar 8th and it was driving me bonkers!
(error reported was: "Couldn't connect to host lists.infradead.org  ")
 After your Tuesday mail I, again,
1. Flushed my DNS cache
2. Restarted router
3. Restarted laptop
4. Upgraded to Firefox 11.0
 all to no avail :-(
 But, as if by magic, I can again reach these URLs as of yesterday
evening...
Bizarre, to say the least! Must've been some problem with my ISP and
how it redirected web requests. Thankfully, as said, all is fine now!

Cheers, V.