Scheduling PVR recording of future episodes (WinXP)

Steve Champion steve at stevechampion.com
Sun Mar 4 14:35:01 EST 2012

>> On 04/03/2012 10:02, Steve Champion wrote:
>> The particular example I'm using (although the details may be out of
>> date by the time you read this) is "The Tube". At the time of writing,
>> Episodes 1 and 2 have been transmitted, so they are visible in Web PVR.
>> However, at bbc.co.uk/iplayer, episode 3 is also visible (as "Coming
>> Soon" - so obviously not yet downloadable, but the programme ID is
>> visible in the URL).
>>
>> Am I misunderstanding how this should work? I was expecting to be able
>> to search for future-schedule programmes and schedule them for download
>> in the future.

> dinkypumpkin wrote:
>
> That feature was broken by changes in the BBC listings format, but has
> since been fixed.  For fix and upgrade instructions:
>
> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2011-October/002159.html

Thank you!

I have updated the .pl and I now see the yet-to-be-transmitted episode. as I
expected. Although, now that I look more closely, I wonder if the "Add
Series" link would do what I want in the case of a future episode of a
series (as opposed to a known upcoming one-off). I have some exploring to do
:-)

Thanks again.