How to find a particular episode

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 3 09:52:58 EST 2012

On 3 March 2012 14:24, Andy Bircumshaw <andy at networkned.co.uk> wrote:

>> trying to do this programmatically so hoped that there would be a way
>> to specify the episode number.
>
> $ get_iplayer "the bottom line"
>> Matches:
> 2361:   The Bottom Line: Series 10 - Episode 5, BBC News 24, Factual,Money,TV, default
> 2362:   The Bottom Line: Series 10 - Episode 6, BBC News 24, Factual,Money,TV, default
>
> INFO: 2 Matching Programmes
> $
> $ get_iplayer "the bottom line" -i | grep -i added
> timeadded:      15 days 11 hours ago (1329446751)
> timeadded:      8 days 11 hours ago (1330051540)
> $ get_iplayer "the bottom line" --before $((10*24))
>> Matches:
> 2361:   The Bottom Line: Series 10 - Episode 5, BBC News 24, Factual,Money,TV, default

I had not thought of doing it that way, thanks.

> INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
> $
>
> I have to question whether you're really asking the right question here. Why are you trying to do this programatically? Are you sure you wouldn't be better off using --pvr mode? (for example).

In fact to say I want to do it programatically is a bit of an
exaggeration.  I don't need the power of PVR mode, I just  wanted to
download a particular episode overnight via a cron job as I have a
download limit during the day but unlimited overnight.  Initially I
did it using the id number shown in the search but after it downloaded
the wrong program I realised that the number for a particular program
is not fixed.

Many thanks for the help

Colin