flvstreamer/rtmpdump does not support SWF Verification

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 10:47:16 EDT 2012

On 27/06/2012 14:19, Colin Law wrote:
> I use get-iplayer 2.80 on Ubuntu 12.04 from the ubuntu repository, but
> I see that I have flvstreamer 2.1c1 installed and rtmpdump is not
> installed.  The comment above suggests that this is not ideal, does
> this mean that the packaging on Ubuntu is not ideal and that it should
> install rtmpdump and not flvstreamer?

As I've already revealed, I favour rtmpdump, but in fairness I should
say that you may not notice much difference, particularly if you only
download radio programmes.  But it's easy test it for yourself.  Install
trtmpdump and give it a try.  get_iplayer will automatically detect it
once installed.  If you don't like rtmpdump, remove it and get_iplayer
will fall back to flvstreamer.