flvstreamer/rtmpdump does not support SWF Verification

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 09:39:16 EDT 2012

On 27/06/2012 14:24, Lee Savage wrote:
> So get_iplayer should work with flvstreamer all be it with less grace.
> The problem is whatever I try it results in a failed download.
>
> INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
> INFO: Checking existence of default version
> INFO: flashhigh1,flashhigh2 modes will be tried for version default
> INFO: Trying flashhigh1 mode to record tv: Britain's Lost Routes with
> Griff Rhys Jones - 2. Thames Barge
> INFO: File name prefix =
> Britains_Lost_Routes_with_Griff_Rhys_Jones_-_2._Thames_Barge_b01jrlv2_default
> WARNING: Your version of flvstreamer/rtmpdump does not support SWF Verification
> WARNING: rtmpdump/flvstreamer 1.8 or later is required - please upgrade
> INFO: skipping flashhigh1 mode
> INFO: Trying flashhigh2 mode to record tv: Britain's Lost Routes with

1. Reply to the list, not to me personally

2. Show us the command you ran to get the output above.  It appears
get_iplayer can't locate rtmpdump/flvstreamer, but we can't be sure
unless we see your command line.

3. If you still have it installed, run '/path/to/flvstreamer --help' at
a command prompt. What do you see?

4. Run '/path/to/rtmpdump --help' at a command prompt.  What do you see?