recording a live stream

Jonathan Wiltshire jmw at debian.org
Wed Jun 27 09:20:14 EDT 2012

On 2012-06-27 13:44, Kevin Lynch wrote:
> Slightly off topic - I live in England and I would like to see HM The
> Queen's NI visit. It's been carried by  BBC 2 NI feed from  2:45
> today.
> I think the programme will not be on the iplayer as yesterday's
> footage did not make it.
> Is there a BBC 2 NI feed that I can record with mplayer or
> get_iplayer? Any hints on what I would need to do are most
> appreciated.

There appears to be some support (bbctwo/programmes/schedules/ni),
but I'm not sure how you ask get_iplayer for it.

> I'm using 2.82 under ubuntu 11.10 (I just upgraded get_iplayer
> yesterday). I have vlc 1.1.12

Debian/Ubuntu versions don't yet have the fix for the live streaming
bug
that surfaced recently, so you might get bitten by it - worth a try
though.

Jonathan Wiltshire                                      jmw at debian.org
Debian Developer                         http://people.debian.org/~jmw

4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC  74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51