get_iplayer stopped working in MythTV 0.24

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 12:23:27 EDT 2012

On 25/06/2012 16:56, JCA wrote:
> Thanks for your very useful reply. Unfortunately, things are still not
> working. Here is what I am getting when using the patched version
> get_iplayer:

The clue is here:

> Cache fill:  0.00% (0 bytes)   ERROR: Closing connection:
> NetStream.Play.StreamNotFound

For whatever reason, sometimes one or the other of the BBC CDNs
(Limelight in this case) won't serve a stream.  Unlike when it's
recording a live tv stream, get_iplayer can't roll over to another CDN
when rtmpdump is streaming output (to mplayer in this case) and fails
due to server error.

You can try to direct get_iplayer to the single (working) CDN by adding
a numeral to your mode values, e.g.:

--modes=flashvhigh2,flashhigh2,flashstd2

It may take a few attempts, and you may need to flip the 2s to 1s.  The
numerals are not fixed to a specific CDN since the streams may be
presented to get_iplayer in a different order at different times.

PS: please don't top post