get_iplayer stopped working in MythTV 0.24

JCA 1.41421 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 18:10:27 EDT 2012

I have been using get_iplayer 2.79 under MythTV 0.24 in Slackware 13.1
for a year and a half or so without any problems. A few weeks ago it
just stopped working. The command line invoked from MythTV is the
following:

get_iplayer --stream --modes=flashvhigh,flashhigh,flashstd --nopurge
--type=livetv "BBC One" --player="mplayer -vo xv -cache 128 -fs
-stop-xscreensaver -zoom -"

Up till recently this would stream BBC One flawlessly. But now, this
results in the following output:

get_iplayer v2.79, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
conditions; use --conditions for details.

Matches:
80002: BBC One - live

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
MPlayer 20100218-4.4.3 (C) 2000-2010 MPlayer Team

Playing -.
Reading from stdin...
Cache fill: 0.00% (0 bytes) INFO: No versions exist for this programme
Cache fill: 0.00% (0 bytes)

No streaming  I have tried the most recent get_iplayer version (2.82)
to no avail: The output is the same as above. I am sure it is a
get_iplayer issue because no software has been changed recently in
this box, and because I can stream BBC One without any problems if I
visit the bbc.co.uk site in my browser (Firefox or Chrome) in this
box. Can anybody in this forum help solving this problem?