Connection problems - temporary?

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 08:00:13 EDT 2012

On 19/06/2012 12:23, Charles Johnson wrote:
> On 19/06/12 12:17, dinkypumpkin wrote:
>> Run with --verbose and see if the output includes:
>>
>> Connecting ...
>> ERROR: Problem accessing the DNS. (addr: bbcodspdns.fcod.llnwd.net)
>> DEBUG: Closing connection.
> No, no such error exactly but am attaching --verbose log just in case
> you spot something

Hmm.  Not sure why yours is different.  For --mode=flashaaclow1 You got:

> Connecting ...
> ERROR: RTMP_Connect0, failed to connect socket. 110 (Connection timed out)
> DEBUG: Closing connection.

which I got with --mode=flashaaclow2 (different server with an
apparently non-existent stream).  That's screwy in itself - there
shouldn't usually be a flashaaclow2 stream.  I'll have to look at that
later.

Regardless, there is still a problem accessing the media servers for
national radio, at least for the two of us.  The only thing I can
suggest is to double-check by pinging the address:

ping bbcodspdns.fcod.llnwd.net

If you can ping it, hopefully you can also download from it.  You might
also want to just keep checking your programme at the iPlayer site.  If
it's working there, there is a good chance you can download it.