downloading signed programmes?

Andy Bircumshaw andy at networkned.co.uk
Mon Jun 18 18:40:50 EDT 2012

On 18 June 2012, at 22:09, andrea wrote:
>> INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
> WARNING: No programmes are available for this pid with version(s): default (signed are available)
>

> I can still watch it on the BBC iPlayer website. It is the version for hearing impaired people.
>
> What is this "signed" thing?

It's the version for hearing impaired people.

You can get it with:

$ get_iplayer --longhelp | grep -i sign
 --versions <versions>            Version of programme to search or record (e.g.
 '--versions signed,audiodescribed,default')
$ get_iplayer 2136 --versions signed -g

Sometimes the regular versions are posted after some days, so it's worth checking back.

If you find you can't download it using the official BBC iPlayer app (e.g. on Mac or Windows) then you can file a bug about that on the BBC website. Last time I checked the procedure for this was pretty contrived, and the response was not rapid. But it's worth a go.

aB.