XBMC TV episode xml output

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 15:08:54 EDT 2012

On 15/06/2012 14:09, Tom wrote:
> I've filled in a few fields in the 'Search' tab and then under
> 'recording' (I usually have a specific folder set for video output).
> I've also added 'test' as sample text in most of the fields. No new
> 'options' file seems to appear in the .get_iplayer\ folder however.
> Have I correctly understood that when you speak of the --prefs* and
> --preset options you're referring to the search fields and Save as
> Default function in the Web PVR manager?

The web pvr is going to be useless to you.  It doesn't support the
configuration options you need make things work as Jon described.
You'll need to learn how to use the command line.  Follow the link Jon
sent to see examples of the --preset and --prefs-* options.  Try the
examples yourself and then look at
C:\Users\<username>\.get_iplayer\options and the files in
C:\Users\<username>\.get_iplayer\presets to see the effects of those
commands.  You should then be able to set up presets like Jon's to make
XBMC happy.