Installing on different computer (windows)

Lorenzo Martinelli * lnzlists at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 5 06:37:48 EDT 2012

As a matter of fact, you answered my question, and I am installing it now.

Simon's answer, however, made me realize one additional possibility.

So, I'll be implementing them both.

Thanks!

Lorenzo

On 05/06/2012 11:32, dinkypumpkin wrote:
> On 05/06/2012 10:26, dinkypumpkin wrote:
>> On 05/06/2012 09:47, Lorenzo Martinelli * wrote:
>>> One thing that I would like to do is to install it on a different
>>> computer and retain the record of the programmes it has downloaded, so
>>> that it does not download them again.
>>
>> Your download history is stored in a file named (appropriately enough)
>> "download_history", which can be found in:
>>
>> Windows 7: C:\Users\<username>\.get_iplayer
>>
>> Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\.get_iplayer
>>
>> Immediately after you install get_iplayer on the second machine, copy
>> the "download_history" file from the old machine to the equivalent
>> location on the new machine. When you run get_iplayer on the new
>> machine, it should use the download history you copied over and prevent
>> re-downloading or any programmes.
>
> Simon's reply made me realise I probably answered the wrong question. If
> you just want to transfer your get_iplayer installation to another
> machine (my earlier assumption), use the above instructions. If you
> actually want to keep 2 machines in sync, Simon's suggestion to use
> Dropbox (or similar) is the way to go. Make sure syncing is complete
> before running get_iplayer (to avoid overwriting the download history
> and programme cache files).

                Lorenzo Martinelli, MITIA
        Italian Translations -- Words you can rely on
  http://www.italianwords.it -- http://www.martinelli.co.uk
       Twitter: @italianwords  -- FB: http://fb.me/italianwords