Installing on different computer (windows)

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 05:26:05 EDT 2012

On 05/06/2012 09:47, Lorenzo Martinelli * wrote:
> One thing that I would like to do is to install it on a different
> computer and retain the record of the programmes it has downloaded, so
> that it does not download them again.

Your download history is stored in a file named (appropriately enough)
"download_history", which can be found in:

Windows 7:  C:\Users\<username>\.get_iplayer

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\.get_iplayer

Immediately after you install get_iplayer on the second machine, copy
the "download_history" file from the old machine to the equivalent
location on the new machine.  When you run get_iplayer on the new
machine, it should use the download history you copied over and prevent
re-downloading or any programmes.