Available in iPlayer but can't download

marshall marshall at brooklandsand.co.uk
Mon Jul 30 09:25:30 EDT 2012

On 30/07/12 11:38, Clive wrote:
> The following url plays in iplayer but I can't download it with either
> url or pid:
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p00lfrb3/Alistair_Cookes_America_The_First_Impact/
>

> Both commands tell me what the program is, but neither will d/l and
> I've also tried a range of mode settings but both commands exit,
> telling me to try other modes. I generally have no problems with audio
> or video.
>
> Is anyone able to enlighten me please?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Clive

Substituting episode for playlist in the url works for me!

  get_iplayer
--url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/playlist/p00lfrb3/Alistair_Cookes_America_The_First_Impact/
get_iplayer v2.80, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
   This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use
--warranty.
   This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain
   conditions; use --conditions for details.

INFO: Episode-only pid detected
INFO: Trying pid: p00lfrb3 using type: tv
INFO Trying to stream pid using type tv
INFO: pid not found in tv cache
INFO: Checking existence of default version
INFO: flashhigh1,flashhigh2 modes will be tried for version default
INFO: Trying flashhigh1 mode to record tv:  -
INFO: File name prefix =
Alistair_Cookes_America_-_1._The_First_Impact_p00lfrb3_default
RTMPDump v2.4
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
Connecting ...
INFO: Connected...
Starting download at: 0.000 kB
INFO: Metadata:
INFO:   duration              2993.72
INFO:   moovPosition          40.00
INFO:   width                 480.00
INFO:   height                360.00
INFO:   videocodecid          avc1
INFO:   audiocodecid          mp4a
INFO:   avcprofile            77.00
INFO:   avclevel              21.00
INFO:   aacaot                2.00
INFO:   videoframerate        25.00
INFO:   audiosamplerate       48000.00
INFO:   audiochannels         2.00
INFO: trackinfo:
INFO:   length                7484300.00
INFO:   timescale             2500.00
INFO: sampledescription:
INFO:   sampletype            avc1
INFO:   length                143696896.00
INFO:   timescale             48000.00
INFO: sampledescription:
INFO:   sampletype            mp4a
515.149 kB / 4.92 sec (0.1%)^C