Smart naming of output files

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 16:03:28 EDT 2012

On 29/07/2012 12:48, Derek Moss wrote:
> As I understand it the WebPVR doesn't use the command line preferences
> file, so is there any way to change the filenames like this for the
> WebPVR as well?

Not quite the case.  The web pvr invokes the get_iplayer script, which
uses the options file as usual.  However, the web pvr overrides some
options (mostly the ones you see in the web pvr settings panels) in the
same way you would if you added them to the command line.  The file
prefix isn't one of those, so you can set it using --prefs-add and it
will work with the web pvr.