Downloading Opening Ceremonies

Derek J. Balling dredd at megacity.org
Sun Jul 29 11:55:58 EDT 2012

On Jul 29, 2012, at 11:21 AM, dinkypumpkin <dinkypumpkin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 29/07/2012 13:53, Derek J. Balling wrote:
>> and since there's a v2.4 out now, I might have to try that. :-)
>
> It's worth a shot.  I use a v2.4 build and got results slightly different from yours.  The download still croaked around the 4GB mark, but get_iplayer caught the error and rolled over to the second CDN and rtmpdump resumed the download from where it left off.  OTOH, I didn't get around to downloading until the single version with commentary was posted, replacing the 2 versions available earlier yesterday.  Those earlier versions may not have been available on both CDNs, so there was nowhere to go when it died 4 GB.  No idea what the real problem is at 4GB. As Chris said, it does have the strong whiff of 32-bit overflow in some sort of accumulator value, but that's for another day.

2.4 was able to download the new/final ceremonies just fine.

But when I fed it the PID of the "no commentary" version, it was unable to grab the whole thing, possibly for the reasons you stated.

I really wish I'd managed to grab that in HD while it was still available.....  (*extremely sad face*)

Cheers,