Yahoo! Groups: Welcome to WebSurfing. Visit today!

Dennis Smith m1dlguk at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 18:35:31 EDT 2012

The problem with Yahoogroups is someone can spoof a from address and
use that to sign up to a Yahoogroup. If they spoof the email address
for a infradead group or some other mailing list and sign it up,
anyone can click the link to agree to the sign-up and unsubscribing
can only bee done by one person....if your lucky. The problem is the
proper group/messaging board will often be inundated with spam that
otherwise would have been sent to the Yahoogroup.

It's been a problem for some time and it looks like no-one has fixed
it. From the Spammers point of view all they have done is generate a
single place to send messages to that will be received by everyone on
either group.

Dennis Smith
M1DLG