Distorted playback with radio recording.

Clive roadcone at gmx.com
Tue Jul 10 13:07:49 EDT 2012

On 10/07/12 17:24, MS wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Total get_iplayer newbie, running get_iplayer v.2.82 on Linux
> (Ubuntu/Lucid).
>
> I am trying to get this radio program:
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/p00v0fl1
>
> Search match:
> 11594:    radio, Mike Zeller - 09/07/2012, BBC Cumbria,
> Entertainment,News,Radio,Sport
>
> During the download I get this error twice:
> ERROR: ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet header
>
> After "Download complete" I get more errors:
> MPlayer 1.0rc4-4.4.3 (C) 2000-2010 MPlayer Team

It doesn't help, but I have d/l it with no problems, no errors and a
clean sound. I do get Readpacket errors but the d/l invariably resumes
and I have not noticed a jump or corruption from the interruption
(though there surely must be as I understand frames are missing). I am
using v2.82 under Mint 11. I can up the copy of Zeller 09/07/2012 if
your problem persists - I've never heard of him (don't listen to Radio
Cumbria) but am listening now!