PVR manager - Prevent conversion to MP4

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 15:42:01 EDT 2012

On 05/07/2012 19:37, Lorenzo Martinelli * wrote:
> On 05/07/2012 19:09, dinkypumpkin wrote:
>> Are you re-muxing from/to an external disk?  That can be *very* slow
>> indeed.

Please reply to the list and not to me directly.

> I am re-muxing to a LAN disk which the laptop finds it on a wireless
> connection. And the laptop is a 1.5 Ghz Pentium M from 8 or 9 years ago

I think that might explain the slow re-muxing

> I have two options files
>
> One in All Users\get_iplayer and one in  %userprofile%\.get_iplayer\options

The one in All Users is the global options file.  Don't use that one -
it is managed by the installer.  It isn't strictly necessary, but I
suggest moving any options you put there into your user-level options file.

> At the moment, get_iplayer is set to download to the LAN disk (a
> remapped share) so All Users\get_iplayer\options has

Re-muxing both from *and* to a LAN disk via wireless can be terribly slow.

> output Z:\XVID\iPlayer Recordings
>
> But it could be good to download/re-mux on the local disk and send the
> finished file to Z:\XVID\iPlayer Recordings

In your options file -

- Change "output" to some location on your local disk
- Remove "raw" if you put it there
- Add the following line:

command copy "<filename>" "Z:\XVID\iPlayer Recordings"

The file copy will run after each programme is downloaded, and it might
still be too slow for large files.  You'll have to evaluate it for
yourself.  You might find it better to just manually copy all the new
files in one go after get_iplayer finishes downloading.