PVR manager - Prevent conversion to MP4

Lorenzo Martinelli * lnzlists at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 5 13:57:51 EDT 2012

On 05/07/2012 18:36, Shevek wrote:
> On 5 July 2012 17:39, Lorenzo Martinelli * <lnzlists at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Using Windows' PVR manager, is there a way to prevent get_iplayer from
>> converting the downloaded stream?
>>
>> I would much prefer download all that I want to download and then use
>> something else to convert it to the format I prefer, without going through
>> the conversion to MP4 stage with (I suppose) ffmpeg.
>>

> What is your preferred container? get_iplayer has the option to output MKV

I'd be happy if it would stop after downloading the "partial.mp4.flv"
file and move on to download the next file in the list.

I can convert it to mp4 much more efficiently from another machine.
If get_iplayer does it, it takes up to 45 minutes to convert a 1h
program (there are reasons, including the network connection, the
ancientness of the laptop, etc.)
If I do it from my work computer, the same conversion takes about 10
minutes.

Since get_iplayer downloads, converts, moves on to the next download,
converts it, etc. the exercise takes a long time (and the laptop running
get_iplayer is what you get by crossing a coffee grinder with a vacuum
cleaner).

Instead, if it could download the PVR list, then stop without
converting, I could convert it all manually, quietly and quickly.

Lorenzo

                Lorenzo Martinelli, MITIA
        Italian Translations -- Words you can rely on
  http://www.italianwords.it -- http://www.martinelli.co.uk
       Twitter: @italianwords  -- FB: http://fb.me/italianwords