Accessing the BBC from outside the UK

Derek J. Balling dredd at megacity.org
Sat Jan 7 07:56:31 EST 2012

On Jan 7, 2012, at 6:57 AM, Andy Wedge wrote:
> Like many, I use Outlook and each mail from David shows it has a 1KB attachment which is irritating when all it contains is details about the get_iplayer mailing lists, URL and email address. I get the same with emails from Jonathan W but they also contain another 1KB attachment 'signature.asc' which contains a PGP signature code. They're very much in the minority as pretty much everyone else's email show just fine. I won't get into a debate about whether Outlook has standard or non-standard approaches to handling email but with millions around the world using it, it probably sets more standards than it breaks.

For what it's worth, it looks just fine to me, but that's probably because I'm using an actual standards-compliant mail client. :-)

And on sheer numbers, I'll tell you that gmail, almost certainly, has far more users than Outlook does these days, and it renders S/MIME just fine as I recall. So, y'know. Just something to think about. :-)

Cheers,