Record live stream to MP4

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 09:01:31 EST 2012

On 07/12/2012 13:05, Vangelis forthnet wrote:
> get_iplayer --type=livetv --pid=bbc_alba --modes=flashvhigh --force
> --stop x

A minor note:  If you use --pid, you don't need --type:

get_iplayer --pid=bbc_alba --modes=flashvhigh --force --stop x

You need --type if you use the channel name as a search string:

get_iplayer --type=livetv --modes=flashvhigh --get "BBC Alba" --stop x

In the latter case, you don't need to use --force.

> If you don't use the  --stop switch, you'll have to stop the recordind manually,
> by exiting the running command prompt window; you will end up with a partial flv file, e.g.

Another option is to kill rtmpdump in Task Manager, at which point you
will be prompted to terminate the batch job running in the command
window. It can be useful to keep the window open when testing so that
your command history remains available.

> EDIT: When I started composing this e-mail, dinkypumpkin had not posted
> his insightful ones...
> English is not my native tongue, so it took me some time to finish it...
> At the risk of now being redundant, I decided to still send mine,
> for the benefit of the OP and others...dinkypumpkin, I hope you don't
> mind :-)

Contributions from get_iplayer's #1 Greek user are always welcome :}