Web PVR Output Not Displayed

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 19:07:20 EDT 2012

On 21/08/2012 23:26, Andy Wedge wrote:
> OK. Let's see if this muddies the water a little...
>
> I disabled all add-ons in Firefox 14.0.1 - still the same problem.
> I ran Firefox in Safe Mode - still the same problem.
> I switched to IE V8 - still  the same problem.
> I've downloaded and installed Opera v12.01 - still the same problem.
>
> All this is when using get_iplayer v2.82,  RTMPDump 2.4 and ffmpeg v0.8
> under Win XP SP3
>
> On another machine under Win 7 Pro  (all Windows updates applied) and a
> slightly earlier version of get_iplayer (v2.80). RTMPDump and ffmpeg
> versions are as per the XP machine and all have been installed for some
> time.
>
> Firefox 14.0.1 worked with add-ons enabled but when I tried it with them
> disabled, I got the same error. Enabling the add-ons again did not
> resolve the problem so now it does not work.
> IE V8 - still the same problem
> Safari v5.1.7 - still the same problem
>
> Bemused and confused? I certainly am!

Is your house built over an ancient burial ground?  I'm thinking
poltergeists might be at fault here.  When you first reported this, I
checked all 5 main browsers on both XP and Win7 with no problems.  The
web pvr has only had trivial changes in the 2.5 years since it was
abandoned by the original developer, so it wouldn't have suddenly
stopped working with any browser.  We would have had reports if there
was a general problem.  Perhaps you installed some utility that is
interfering, or maybe one of your add-ons did something evil?  I guess
you could try actually removing all the add-ons, but there is no
guarantee that would undo any damage.