Web PVR Output Not Displayed

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 07:02:06 EDT 2012

On 20/08/2012 20:41, Andy Wedge wrote:
> The output is missing if I click "Record" for a program and I've also
> noticed that there is no output if I do a "Refresh Cache".
> In each case, all I see is a blank Firefox window with the address bar
> set to 'about:blank', a single tab with the animated 'Connecting...'
> icon and the 'Waiting or 127.0.0.1...' status message which you already
> covered in your previous post.

Thanks for the additional info.  It looks to me as if Firefox is at
fault rather than get_iplayer.  When you click on, e.g., "Run PVR", the
web pvr runs some Javascript to submit a form and target the response to
a new window.  The form submit is obviously working since the downloads
are successful, but something is preventing the new window from opening
properly (connected to the web pvr).  I wouldn't expect the popup
blocker to interfere, so perhaps you've installed a Firefox add-on that
is misbehaving?  In any event, I can't duplicate the problem in any
browser, so I'm fairly confident get_iplayer is working as intended.
It's not much, but here are a couple of other things to check:

1. Connect to the web pvr in another browser.  If you don't have
Internet Explorer, try Opera.  If it runs OK in another browser, that
would confirm Firefox as the culprit.

2. Connect to the web pvr with Firefox in safe mode (Help -> Restart
with Add-ons disabled...).  If it runs OK, then you'll need to switch
back to normal mode, disable all your add-ons, then enable them one at a
time until you find the one causing problems.

If a misbehaving add-on isn't at fault, a full uninstall/reinstall of
Firefox might be in order.