get_iplayer Download Olympics In Chunks Tutorial

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 11:59:11 EDT 2012

On 08/08/2012 02:26, Matt Davis wrote:
> Download may be incomplete (downloaded about 27.30%), try resuming
> INFO: Command exit code 2 (raw code = 512)

Ignore. rtmpdump flags the programme as incomplete because, well, it is
since you used --start/--stop.

> ERROR: FLV file contains neither video nor audio, aborting!
> INFO: Command exit code 1 (raw code = 256)

Ignore.  rtmpdump is trying to resume the download, but that is
virtually guaranteed to fail if you used --start.

> the videos play OK but the total time shown on the file on the bottom right is the end time of the segment I selected on the main Olympics catchup video on MPCHC, but on VLC its the end time of the whole catchup video?

The wonky timestamps and truncated files confuse media players.  That's
why you need to trim and re-mux.

> if I try to convert to mp4 as in your instructions I get warnings from ffmpeg
>
> [flv @ 019C9D60] Broken FLV file, which says no streams present, this might fail
>
> [flv @ 019C9D60] negative cts, previous timestamps might be wrong
>      Last message repeated 48 times
> [flv @ 019C9D60] Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate

All the above is to be expected. Using --start leaves the output file in
an ugly state.  ffmpeg can power through.

> [mp4 @ 031FE020] Application provided invalid, non monotonically increasing dts
> to muxer in stream 0: 1 >= 1
> av_interleaved_write_frame(): Invalid argument

This should be eliminated by using the -ss argument of ffmpeg to skip
the head of the .flv file, where the timestamps are out of whack.
Without knowing what commands you used it's difficult to say where you
went wrong.  You may just need to increase the -ss value.