podcast expiry policy - BBC: "it is yours to keep forever"

Andy Waddington andrew at pennine.ddns.me.uk
Tue Aug 7 05:10:48 EDT 2012

Sometime before sending, Alan Jenkins typed (and on Tuesday 2012-08-07 sent):
> get-iplayer says it removes "its recorded content" after 30 days.

There's an option to disable that behaviour.

Or if the cron job / scheduled task that you use to run pvr
moves the downloadds somewhere else afterwards, get-iplayer
can't touch them.

I see no point in using lots of net bandwidth to download stuff
when I am away from home if it gets deleted before I am back !

Andy