Problem with one specific radio programme

Martin Edney martin_edney at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 6 14:16:04 EDT 2012

Martin Edney wrote:
> Hi Bat Guano,

> So
> as you suggsted  I upgraded get_iplayer a couple of weeks ago, tried using the --pid option as you
> suggested, but it still didn't work (still stuck on "Connecting...").
> get_iplayer continued to work for all the other radio programmes I
> wanted to download except this one ("On The Wire" from Radio
> Lancashire).

> I was going to rerun with --verbose and submit
> details, but haven't had time recently.  Anyway, I've just retried it
> and it's now working.  No idea why it has now started working again, but I conclude this was a server side
> problem at the BBC's end.  Does anybody know whether all programmes come
> from a single source, or do (in this case) Radio Lancashire run their
> own service separate from other stations?

> Thanks,

> Martin

I'm having problems again downloading "On The Wire" from BBC Radio Lancashire - all other radio and TV content I
download works fine, but On The Wire just shows "Connecting..." and then nothing happens.  This has happened repeatedly over the last several
weeks.

Please can other list members try this programme and let me know whether you succeed.

I'm running Windows XP and get_iplayer 2.82

The command I'm using is

get_iplayer --type=radio "On The Wire" --get --amode=flashaudio --output=\downloads\

and I get the same result if I use

get_iplayer --type=radio --pid=p00wg3qp --get --amode=flashaudio --output=\downloads\

Here's the output:

=========================

C:\Program Files\get_iplayer>C: & cd "\Program Files\get_iplayer\" & "%Windir%\s
ystem32\cmd.exe" /k get_iplayer --type=radio "On The Wire" --get --amode=flashau
dio --output=\downloads\
WARNING: Ignoring invalid option in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users/get_ipla
yer/options: 'itvnothread = 1'
INFO: Please remove and use 'get_iplayer --dump-options' to display all valid op
tions
get_iplayer v2.82, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
  This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
  This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
  conditions; use --conditions for details.

Matches:
11771:  On The Wire - 04/08/2012, BBC Lancashire, Music,Radio

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
INFO: Checking existence of default version
INFO: flashaudio1 modes will be tried for version default
INFO: Trying flashaudio1 mode to record radio: On The Wire - 04/08/2012

WARNING: ffmpeg does not exist - not converting flv file
INFO: File name prefix = On_The_Wire_-_04_08_2012_p00wg3qp_default

WARNING: Your version of flvstreamer/rtmpdump does not support SWF Verification
FLVStreamer v1.9
(c) 2009 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
Connecting ...

Thanks for any help,

Martin