Replying to list

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sun Aug 5 05:10:08 EDT 2012

On Sat, 2012-08-04 at 12:14 +0100, Derek Moss wrote:
> OK thanks, I'll do that then. I just thought it would be annoying for
> the sender to receive the message via the list and directly.

It might be slightly annoying to some people who receive two copies of
the email. But it could be much *more* annoying if you rudely drop a
participant from Cc and they therefore don't see *any* copies of the
email. You should always include them in Cc, and never remove them,
unless you *know* that they prefer otherwise.

For more explanation see http://david.woodhou.se/reply-to-list.html
although that machine is down for power works this weekend, so currently
it's readable at
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:ewBTOwn09qYJ:david.woodhou.se/reply-to-list.html

--
dwmw2