Replying to list

Clive roadcone at gmx.com
Sat Aug 4 09:57:16 EDT 2012

On 04/08/12 13:00, dinkypumpkin wrote:
> Clive wrote:
>> On 03/08/12 19:56, dinkypumpkin wrote:
>>> ... Thunderbird (RIP)
>>>
>> ?RIP - I am using it on Windows and Linux and still appear to be getting
>> updates. What do you know that I don't :-( It's loss would be a shame.
>
> Sorry - didn't mean to alarm you.  Tongue was slightly in cheek there,
> but perhaps deserved an emoticon to go with the editorializing.  The
> bifurcation of TB is disappointing news to me for several reasons, but
> like the song says, "there ain't no free".  In any case, TB isn't going
> away.

I've since googled (I think that verb is now in common usage) and as
google knows all,I now understand what is happening to it. I understand
that it will continue to work on the desktop but will never be
integrated into the "cloud" or do on-line chats or the myriad of other
such things - for me, that is ideal (I neither tweet, nor have a
Facebook account, and long may it be so).