Replying to list

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 14:56:46 EDT 2012

Derek Moss wrote:
> As I said, I do have both Reply and Reply Alln in gmail but as with
> any e-mail program it's not marked "Private Reply" and it's natural
> that users would expect Reply to send the message to the list.

Also spread a little blame towards GMail and makers of email software.
Mailman provides List-* headers that could be used for a "Reply To List"
function.  Thunderbird (RIP) and some other clients do it, and I'm sure
it is not beyond the wits of Gmail to do likewise.  It's not perfect,
but it works most of the time.  With "Reply", "Reply To All" and "Reply
To List" I know exactly what should appear in my composition window.