Olympic replays

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 08:23:38 EDT 2012

On 01/08/2012 13:06, Chris Cullen wrote:
> First off, Thanks for all you work on this. I'm trying to download some
> olympic replays and can't seem to get anything to finish. Randomly, it
> seems, the download times out and it fails to resume.
>
> ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet body. len: 96632
> 1663859.707 kB / 3916.92 sec (27.6%)
> INFO: Connection timed out, trying to resume.
> Often it will say:
> "WARNING: Stream does not start with requested frame, ignoring data..."
> a bunch of times then
> "XXXX kB  / XXXX sec (XX.X %)"
> "Couldn't resume FLV file try --skip 1"

The connection was dropped and rtmpdump tried to resume the download and
append to the existing FLV file.  The resume process often fails.  You
can try the --start option to pick up from where it died. Just remember
to rename the previous partial download so rtmdump doesn't attempt to
resume again.  Otherwise, there's not much you can do but delete the
partial download and restart.

> And it loops back  around. I tried skip, but it didn't do anything. I
> say a previous post about 4GB files sizes and file systems, but I doubt
> that's the problem as i'm using ext4. shall I send more debug info? Any
> ideas what to try next?

As you say, nothing to do with file system limitations.  You'd
downloaded less than 2GB anyway.  Your email address suggests you may be
attempting to download from the US, which means you might be using a
proxy or VPN.  The problem may lie there.