Olympic replays

Derek J. Balling dredd at megacity.org
Wed Aug 1 08:10:28 EDT 2012

On Aug 1, 2012, at 8:06 AM, Chris Cullen <amrit at cs.byu.edu> wrote:
> ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet body. len: 96632
> 1663859.707 kB / 3916.92 sec (27.6%)
> INFO: Connection timed out, trying to resume.
> Often it will say:
> "WARNING: Stream does not start with requested frame, ignoring data..." a bunch of times then
> "XXXX kB  / XXXX sec (XX.X %)"
> "Couldn't resume FLV file try --skip 1"
> And it loops back  around. I tried skip, but it didn't do anything. I say a previous post about 4GB files sizes and file systems, but I doubt that's the problem as i'm using ext4. shall I send more debug info? Any ideas what to try next?

Chris,

Your local filesystem has little to do with it. I'm on a Mac, and Macs haven't had a 4GB limitation in forever (the perks of being on an OS used regularly for mastering video content via AVID and Final Cut).

The 4GB limit appeared for all intents and purposes to be "upstream", something in the code and/or the transfer protocol that was freaking its shit out when a status counter rolled over the 32bit MAXINT value.