get_iplayer on imac

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 21:25:32 EDT 2012

On 28/04/2012 14:17, Rog wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "dinkypumpkin" <dinkypumpkin at gmail.com>
>> The simplest way to take up get_iplayer on the Mac is to download Get
>> iPlayer Automator:
> Will this also wotk with an iPad3?
> (I'm on the cusp of buying one....)

I shouldn't think so.  GIA is only built for OSX.  I haven't checked in
detail, but I'm reasonably sure some of the Cocoa stuff it relies on
isn't available under iOS.  Plus, since it is a GUI front end for the
get_iplayer command line script, it requires the usual get_iplayer
dependencies: Perl, helper apps, etc.  Even if all that was available
and working, and GIA were somehow ported, you would need to jailbreak
the iPad to install and run it.