max_analyze_duration 5000000 reached

Rob Dixon rob.dixon at gmx.com
Sat Apr 28 13:11:05 EDT 2012

Hi all

I've seen the error message

   max_analyze_duration 5000000 reached at 5014000
   Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate

appear in log files a few times on this list, but no one seems to have
raised it as a problem. I'm aware that it probably makes no significant
difference to the reencoded files, but I don't like warning messages and
I would like to learn more about it.

After a few web searches I have found nothing really relevant except
that it relates to an ffmpeg option -analyzeduration. That brings up the
question of whether it is possible to adjust the ffmpeg default
configuation settings used by get_iplayer.

Any help from anyone would be most welcome.

Rob