Crashes When Running from Cron Job

ajebay ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Mon Apr 23 07:51:11 EDT 2012

First my thanks for various suggestions on how to reply to digest.  I
have taken the advice and opted to Off the digest which makes life far
simpler I hope.

My efforts with running --pvr switch from cron job have had mixed
success.  It appears that when the download fails part way through, the
system locks up with get_iplayer still running but nothing happening.

Latest example was from last night when Silent Witness failed.  I erased
the partial file this morning and did a straight --get run which went
fine (at max tariff!) but I cannot now run --pvr.  I get the following
message:-

ERROR: Quitting - process is already running
(/home/alastair/.get_iplayer/pvr_lock)

The lock file contains the number 24706.

This is second time this has happened.

The relevant entry in my pvr-list is:-
pvrsearch = Silent_Witness
search0 = Silent Witness

My prefs are set as:-
Options in '/home/alastair/.get_iplayer/options'
         tvmode = flashhd,flashvhigh,flashhigh,flashstd,flashnormal
         flvstreamer = /usr/bin/flvstreamer

Before I try and kill the process that is still running are there any
logs which I should report here which would help?

Regards
Alastair
the cron job runs at 02:05 each night.