Seeking guidance to record streaming audio at time of broadcast

bat guano batguano999 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 27 18:50:12 EDT 2011

> Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 20:18:06 +0100
> From: clivebuc at gmail.com
> To: get_iplayer at lists.infradead.org
> Subject: Fwd: Seeking guidance to record streaming audio at time of broadcast
>
> Hello,
>
> I have not used get_iplayer to record a live broadcast. I would like to
> record Saturday's BBC R3 Opera Tosca at 6pm (in the highest quality
> available). I would be grateful if someone could give me the command
> line, with an explanation, and explain how I find the server details for
> a particular broadcast.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Clive

Hi
This command will download live Radio 3 HD (320Kbps):-
get_iplayer --get --type=liveradio "http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/4/gtis/?server=cp60703.live.edgefcs.net&identifier=Special_Event1_UK@s6485&kind=akamai&application=live"

The result is an flv file, it can then be re-packaged as m4a.
The explanation is here:- http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2010-December/000390.html