How go I get get_iplayer working again after restoring my PC?

geoff.getiplayer_list at alphaworks.co.uk geoff.getiplayer_list at alphaworks.co.uk
Sun Sep 11 18:29:00 EDT 2011

On 11/09/2011 22:56, Nigel Taylor wrote:
> On 09/11/11 22:07, geoff.getiplayer_list at alphaworks.co.uk wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I've just restored my PC back to a point which predates all the work
>> done in March to get tagged m4a downloads working. Is there a simple way
>> for me to get back to where I was or do I have to do all the manual
>> tweaking again? If it's the latter, could someone remind me what I need
>> to do? There are an awful lot of mails in the archive to work through!
>>
>> I'm on Windows XP but I'm not sure how to find out what version I'm
>> running.
> There is a new Windows installer which contains the latest versions.
> Download and install this from here
>
> http://www.infradead.org/get_iplayer/html/get_iplayer.html
>
> That should be version v2.80 of get_iplayer, and includes the changes
> your looking for.
>
> Regards
>
> Nigel Taylor

Thanks, that did the trick. There does seem to be one difference though;
the title of the track seems to be more terse.

The previous episode of Jarvis' Sunday Service was titled "Jarvis
Cocker's Sunday Service: Jarvis presents 'The Backlog Prog'" whereas
today's is titled "11/09/2011".

It's not the end of the world but I did prefer a bit of detail...

Thanks!