get_iplayer hangs

John Rose john.aaron.rose at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 2 04:35:10 EDT 2011

When I run "get_iplayer --force --get 51 --output /home/john", I get:
51:	BBC Proms - 2011: Spaghetti Western Orchestra, BBC Four,
Classical,Music,TV, default

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
INFO: Checking existence of default version
INFO: flashhigh1,flashhigh2,flashstd1,flashstd2 modes will be tried for
version default
INFO: Trying flashhigh1 mode to record tv: BBC Proms - 2011: Spaghetti
Western Orchestra
INFO: File name prefix =
BBC_Proms_-_2011_Spaghetti_Western_Orchestra_b013rl84_default
RTMPDump v2.3
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license:
GPL
Connecting ...
INFO: Connected...
.... i.e. normal stuff
WARNING: Stream does not start with requested FLV frame, ignoring
data...
ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet body. len: 74212

and get_iplayer hangs.

Is this due to BBC's duff communication or a bug in get_iplayer?

--
Regards,
John