Problem since 27th Oct 2011

Alex Brooks askoorb+iplayer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 08:53:53 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 1:25 PM, dinkypumpkin <dinkypumpkin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 27/10/2011 10:49, Allan Preston wrote:
>>
>> Any new shows added to the iplayer's index since 27 Oct 2011 have a
>> blank modes: which means get_iplayer can't download them. For example:
>
> This appears to have been a problem at the BBC end.  The stream metadata for recent programmes had them marked as "not available", so there were no streams for get_iplayer to use in creating the a list of available. I guess they were lagging a bit in updating CDNs.  I've seen several programmes broadcast this morning come online since 1300, so I presume the distribution system is now catching up.

I can suggest that if there are problems downloading specific shows, to check:

- That the programme will actually play if you go to the iPlayer
website and click play, and
- That the programme isn't listed on the "known issues" page at
http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/help/announcements/programme_latest_issues

If the programme isn't listed on the "known issues" page, you can
click the "report issue" button below the player on the programme's
page.

HTH,

Alex