First post and question

J j at mailsorter.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Oct 26 04:49:03 EDT 2011

> On 24/10/11 11:32, Nigel Taylor wrote:
>
>> On 10/24/11 10:54, Alastair wrote:
>>
>>> My present question is slightly OT.  Is there an equivalent of get_iplayer for ITV
>>> downloads?
>>
>> Slightly OT, it is possible to download ITV channels, also Channel 5, like so
>>
>> $ get_flash_videos -r high http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=283365
>> Downloading http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=283365
>> Using method 'itv' for http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=283365
>
> Hmmm ... just tried that on my Ubuntu Lucid amd64 PC and I get:

> $ get_flash_videos -r high http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=282530
> Downloading http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=282530
> Using method 'itv' for http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=282530
> Error: Unable to find<Video>  in XML at /usr/bin/get_flash_videos line 2743.
>
> Couldn't extract Flash movie URL. This site may need specific support
> adding,
> or fixing.
>
> Curiously '/usr/bin/get_flash_videos --update' confirms I am on the
> latest version. Oh well, nothing much I want to watch on ITV anyway ;-)

Experienced same problem but found this comment on a bug report and it
worked for me:
<quote>
It seems that ITV have changed their request format a bit. This fixes it
for me: in Itv.pm, find the line
    <itv:Platform>Web</itv:Platform>
and replace it with
    <itv:Platform>DotCom</itv:Platform>
</quote>:
http://code.google.com/p/get-flash-videos/issues/detail?id=164

I'm using WinXP using ActivePerl installer, script and RTMPDump 2.4
git-6230845 so there isn't a discrete Itv.pm module to be edited as
everything is rolled into the one script for Windows.

This was on a "clean" machine with no user programs installed that could
be disrupted by an ActivePerl installation - didn't want to risk
stability of my working config.

Jon
--
First attempt to post so first opportunity to say thanks to all those
keeping the project alive and well. Impressive effort and much appreciated.