Possible to prevent transcoding?

Nigel Taylor njtaylor at asterisk.demon.co.uk
Mon Oct 24 20:53:49 EDT 2011

On 10/25/11 01:23, Derek Moss wrote:
> Hi
>
> If I want to keep the downloaded files as .flv and use a separate
> program to convert them (to AVI or DVD) is this possible, using the
> Web PVR Manager preferably?
>
> Alternatively, is there any way to have the files (losslessly)
> transcoded into .avi files rather than .mp4? I think perhaps the
> answer to this is no, as I read that avi doesn't support h264 very
> well, but I thought I'd ask!
>
> Thanks

Hi,

The command line option is

--raw Don't transcode or change the recording/stream in any way (i.e.
radio/realaudio, rtmp/flv)

comes from the get_iplayer man pages,

You can set this as a preference

$ get_iplayer --prefs-show
Options in '/home/ntayl01/.get_iplayer/options'
        raw = 1

Don't use much Web PVR myself, but having set the preference it should
use those for downloading, unless overridden, just not certain if the
Web PVR overrides them or provides a method of setting preferences.

Nigel