ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet body.

Clive roadcone at gmx.com
Mon Oct 24 16:06:10 EDT 2011

On 24/10/11 20:23, Clive wrote:
> After a long period of stability, my get_iplayer has turned
> temperamental. I routinely use Terminal in Mint 11 and "The Ipcress
> File" is consistently returning this style of response:
>
> 398.404 kB / 63.95 sec (1.1%)
> ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet body. len: 65618
> 462.784 kB / 74.26 sec (1.2%)
> INFO: Connection timed out, trying to resume.
>

> Resuming download at: 462.784 kB
> 463.089 kB / 198.40 sec (3.4%)
> WARNING: HandleInvoke, Sanity failed. no string method in invoke packet
> WARNING: HandleInvoke, Sanity failed. no string method in invoke packet
> WARNING: HandleInvoke, Sanity failed. no string method in invoke packet
> ...etc
>
> The command and the full paste is below:
>
> get_iplayer ipcress -g
> get_iplayer v2.80+n3-gitc313712-ppa2, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
> This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
> This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
> conditions; use --conditions for details.
>
> Matches:
> 11453: Len Deighton - The Ipcress File - -, BBC Radio 4 Extra,
> Crime,Drama,Popular,Radio
>
> INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
> INFO: Checking existence of default version
> INFO: flashaacstd1,flashaaclow1,wma1 modes will be tried for version
> default
> INFO: Trying flashaacstd1 mode to record radio: Len Deighton - The
> Ipcress File - Len Deighton - The Ipcress File
> INFO: File name prefix =
> Len_Deighton_-_The_Ipcress_File_-_Len_Deighton_-_The_Ipcress_File_b01697h2_default
>
> RTMPDump v2.4-n23-gitc58cfb3-ppa3~natty
> (c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
> Connecting ...
> INFO: Connected...
> ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet body. len: 16419
> INFO: Command exit code 1 (raw code = 256)
> WARNING: Failed to stream file
> /home/clive/Downloads/get_iplayer/Len_Deighton_-_The_Ipcress_File_-_Len_Deighton_-_The_Ipcress_File_b01697h2_default.partial.aac.flv
> via RTMP
> INFO: skipping flashaacstd1 mode
> INFO: Trying flashaaclow1 mode to record radio: Len Deighton - The
> Ipcress File - Len Deighton - The Ipcress File
> INFO: File name prefix =
> Len_Deighton_-_The_Ipcress_File_-_Len_Deighton_-_The_Ipcress_File_b01697h2_default
>
> RTMPDump v2.4-n23-gitc58cfb3-ppa3~natty
> (c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
> Connecting ...
> INFO: Connected...
> Starting download at: 0.000 kB
> INFO: Metadata:
> INFO: duration 5760.17
> INFO: moovPosition 36.00
> INFO: audiocodecid mp4a
> INFO: aacaot 2.00
> INFO: audiosamplerate 22050.00
> INFO: audiochannels 1.00
> INFO: tags:
> [...]
I know it is not "done" to reply to one's own posts, but I have some
additional information. I have tried enumerable times this evening on
Mint 11 and failed every time. I ran the Windows laptop up and tried on
that - using the command prompt. It d/l first time and tidy. While it
was d/l I tried Mint - it failed and failed ...

So, as they say, "what's up Doc?"

Clive